UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
FELLOWSHIP HALL EXPANSION
CURRITUCK, NORTH CAROLINA
Pilmoor Memorial United Methodist Church is named for Joseph Pilmoor who preached the first Methodist sermon in North Carolina near this site in 1772. The sanctuary was built in the 1920’s and had a small addition designed by Integrated Design in the 1980’s.
In 2004, Pilmoor Memorial asked Integrated Design to master plan their property in order to provide a larger fellowship hall that would include a kitchen, new restrooms, offices, and a larger food pantry. The master plan also set out locations for additional classroom space and a future day care facility.
The first phase of the master plan was completed in 2007 with the fellowship hall addition that respects the style, massing, and importance of the original sanctuary.